Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My first blog!

Hi! My name is Megan Moore and I am currently a freshman here. To keep you all from the mundane facts about my life like my major and where I'm living, I'll just skip those. I'm from a suburb of Chicago that is predominantly white, conservative and sheltered. For all intensive purposes my background has shaped me into the person I am today. My upbringing has shown me exactly what I want to do with my life and it has nothing to do with making money or belonging to the local country club. I hope that by being in such a diverse place like Madison I can learn things to bring back home and teach people, like the importance of fair trade, going green and helping others. Although I plan on getting my business degree, I plan on studying abroad and focusing on the more humanitarian aspects of business, like building water systems and providing education for the less fortunate around the world. After college I want to join the Peace Corps., and live in a Spanish speaking country.
To switch gears, my whole life isn't about saving the world. I love frozen yogurt, the TV show "Weeds" and laying around. Most of my friends call me the goof, and I live up to it. I'm always laughing or telling a story that usually involves my hands wildly waving around. I am a master of making hemp bracelets and I am also a neat freak. My sister is probably my hero and I love her to death; she's only a freshman in high school. Sorry for the frazzled last sentences! Hope this helps! =]

Megan

2 comments:

  1. I really like the color of your blogpost! I really like that you want to bring diversity back to your hometown. I feel like if you really try you could make a great impact and that is what we were put on earth to do, right? Weeds is also a great show, when is the next season coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you a sister of Gamma Phi Beta?

    ... you look familiar. haha

    ReplyDelete