Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hi!!!

Hey! My name is Emily. I'm a freshman looking to major in journalism. I am from the city of Milwaukee, so I experienced diversity firsthand, and I have many opinions about this said topic. I hope I'll enjoy this class, though I'm not too excited about being here until 5:20. I had a fun first semester, but I'm looking to get more involved on campus this time around. I plan on volunteering for a number of really fun activities, so I hope to have an even better semester as I utilize everything Madison has to offer me! See you in class!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain on this class ending at 5:20, I'm done at 11:00 am, and after that I don't know what to do with myself! If you are looking for volunteer opportunities, you should definitely check out WISPIRG, it's a great organization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily - I saw this and almost thought it was myself. I'm also a freshman from (well, near) Milwaukee and I want to major in journalism as well! I agree that 5:20 is a little late for class, but at least it'll keep getting lighter as the semester goes on :) For volunteering, I would check out the Morgridge Center in the Red Gym, I've found some great opportunities there and I think if you sign up early they even have a cab program to take you where you volunteer.

    ReplyDelete