Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jori Bell

Hi everyone, my name is Jori Bell and I am a sophomore from Northbrook, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. My town is kind of a bubble, lacking major diversity so the most I've been exposed to as far as diversity has been in my experiences at Wisconsin. I'm excited to take this class as I think it will help improve my exposure and knowledge in this area. I'm hoping to major in Journalism and I'm interested in going into Advertising or Marketing when I graduate. I love music, dance, and writing. I work in the Advertising department at The Badger Herald here on campus and if I didn't have horrible travel anxiety I would travel more than I do, which I wish I could. And, because it's related to this class, when I was younger, I wanted to be a librarian when I grew up who got to read to kids at elementary schools. My goals have changed a bit, but I still love books!

2 comments:

  1. Illinois must harvest bubbles, because I'm from one too! (Naperville, you probably haven't heard of it.) I'm glad you love books too because when I was little everyone used to call me the bookworm! My friend used to work for the Badger Herald as well, but she quit after she had to sit through so many six hours meetings! So I applaud your dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jori, shall we compare? too bad i will anyway. you started your blog by talking about the community in which you live in. I started with my name a slight complaint and then when into my family. I guess that while yours is personal in the sense that you live in Northbrook; mine is personal in a different way. You then went in to academic and career goals. I think this shows that you are very goal oriented. I at this stage choose to discuss my personal opinions on more trivial subjects. i guess I did this because I did not feel like talking about school or majors or careers because I answer those questions all of the time and wanted a change of pace.

    ReplyDelete