Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Emily Kesner

Hi everyone! I know this is a little late, but I switched up my schedule this week and am now in this discussion.

My name is Emily Kesner and I'm a freshman from Wauwatosa, WI (right outside of Milwaukee...). At home, I was involved in a volunteer peer education program through the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin where I went into schools in Milwaukee and surrounding areas every month and taught on different subjects, like bullying or good communication skills. It really opened my eyes to the divisions in society and the socioeconomic discrepancies which are revealed even with just a five minute drive.

Here, my major changes every week, but I'm currently planning on applying to the school of journalism.
I'm in a sorority, Greek InterVarsity and I'm also a Tour Guide for Visitor and Information Programs. I just started this semester and am really excited about it! Eventually, I plan on going to law school and have wanted to do so for as long as I can remember. I think it will be an amazing way to be helpful to others; I want to help people navigate the legal system who may not otherwise have the ability or knowledge to stand up for themselves in the most effective ways, such as through the courts.



I look forward to meeting everyone next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment