Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Leila Walker

Hey. My name is Leila Walker (pronounced like the Eric Clapton song "Layla"). I am from Berkeley, California. I am a History major with a certificate in Classics. I want to continue my education and get my masters and PhD in History so I can become a professor. I love the library and decided to take this class to learn more about information and how libraries effect the neighborhoods and people around them. Coming from Berkeley, I bring a very liberal view of the world to discussion, but I love to discuss politics and get other peoples views of the world. I used the public library a lot during high school and also volunteered in my high school's library. I also love sports and rowed throughout high school and my freshman year here. I am a huge Yankees fan and love watching all sports all the time, even though life is slightly more depressing when baseball season ends.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, not to sound like a creep or anything, but I love Berkeley. We will need to talk about it soon, it was where I bought my first tie dye shirt! It was my first choice for school. My cousins live in San Francisco so I usually spend at least a week there in the summer. I also go to this camp called Lair of the Golden Bear, it's through Berkeley, have you heard of it? And I'm currently trying to watch the third season of Weeds online; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Lair of the Bear when I was young!! Thats so tight, I wanted to go to Cal also, but came here instead obviously! you should also try californication. its seriously better then weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I just read your post and gahh! Ok I got to Lair every year and I might be a counselor next year! So we should probs meet up when I'm there! ahah And yes, I will be checking out Californication! t

    ReplyDelete