Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Blog: About Me

Hi, I'm Lisa. I'm a freshman at UW-Madison, majoring in biology. No I'm not pre-med, I don't do blood or needles. Most likely, I'll be going into research... something in the environmental field. I'm taking LIS202 in order to fulfill the ethnics requirement for graduation. I grew up in Whitefish Bay, WI which was a predominately white community. Our bus program allowed inner-city kids from Milwaukee to join our school district, however, so I have been exposed to somewhat of a divided community. So far, this class seems pretty interesting and I'm excited to contribute to lecture, discussion, and the blog with both questions and comments. Some of my major interests include music, choir, friends, and travel. I've been to China with my choir, France on a family stay, and Norway to visit one of my best friends in the past three years and I'm really hoping to travel abroad sometime during my college career. I love finding new bands and music to listen to, going to concerts and shows, and making music myself. I've run out of things to say.

5 comments:

  1. Hey!
    I like how you included all of the stuff you are interested in, not just like one of your main interests. That really gives people an overview of who you are all together. I think i had a mind blank on this whole blogging thing and didn't really know what to put so i didn't include a lot of things and it is sweet that you included a list of things you enjoy doing.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was interesting how you talked about the traveling that you have done. I forgot to mention the places I have been to. I think it is better cool that you have been to France, Norway, and China. We are both taking this course for an ethnics requirement, so we both are in the same type of situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do blood or needles either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know Hannah Drury? She is also from Whitefish Bay and my roommate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know of her, but I don't really know her personally. She was a grade ahead of me. Sooo many people from Whitefish Bay go to Madison (44 out of around 200 just in my grade) so I run into people I know all the time. Interesting connection though, that's awesome that you know her!

    ReplyDelete